Thursday, January 14, 2010

Globo Gym

I joined the local version of Globo Gym three days ago. They officially have me by the wallet for the next 36 months. A long time, I know, but I was so excited to join that nothing was going to stop me. And, I got a free t-shirt. Sold.

Since then, I've taken two classes. One was called "Pitaiyo," aka "Kick-my-ass." The instructor told us to guess how old she was and then we proceeded to count down from her age for the set. Unfortunately, she was not 15...or 25. The other was just a house and garden version of Pilates.

Every morning since joining, I wake up, sit up, and groan as every muscle in my torso announces its presence. The silver lining: every night upon leaving the 24-hour megalith, I am as high as a goddamn kite. Endorphins are crazy things. I can understand how someone can truly become addicted to working out. I honestly feel invincible!

p.s. Because it is a gym open around the clock, I cannot wait to work-out at say, 3am, and then wander around the locker room in my birthday suit. Until then, there are too many people I wouldn't want to see me naked. Like ex-boyfriends' moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment