Wednesday, January 13, 2010

46%

According to research done at the University of Scranton, only 46% of people keep their New Year's Resolutions. And it should come as no surprise that some version of "lose weight" is at the top of everyone's list.

Well, duh, people are lazy. They are also well-meaning and full of good intentions, but when the going gets tough, the tough get a cookie.


I forgot about making New Year's Resolutions until somewhere around January 2nd or 3rd. Meh. I can't even remember what my resolutions were from last year, but I'm guessing that I didn't keep them.

So, this year I decided to make resolutions that I have a chance of keeping. In order to do so, I decided that I had to set goals that were realistic for me. I don't like to work out and fitness buffs who wake up early to go to the gym before work baffle me, while women with Madonna arms intimidate me.

Step 1. Phrase my goals in friendly, attainable language.

Resolution #1. Be more active.
Resolution #2. Be more thankful for what you already have.

Step 2. Enlist someone to hold me accountable.

Enter, Cameron.

No comments:

Post a Comment