Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Partners in crime

Last night was so much fun! It was another Pitaiyo (Pilates Tai Chi Yoga) class and Brooke got to come along, too! It's always so much better to have a friend sweating alongside of you as the instructor systematically kicks your ass into better shape. Quote of the night: "June is just around the corner! Guys, don't think you don't have to work as hard as the girls--they like tight buns, too!"

I swear, at one point during a particularly vicious plank, all of the muscles in my body were shaking with the effort to simply hold myself up. It is at times like that I really wish that I weighed less. But! I can already see the difference in my arm muscles! And ohmygoodness, I could feel my obliques this morning. It's like muscles I never knew existed are starting to spring to toned life.

I'm regaining my flexibility, too. Last night our "party trick" of the evening was to transition into the splits (I'm not sure what party I would ever flaunt that skill...unless it was a *private* party). I wasn't able to make it all the way down, but I was only about 3" away from the floor on my right side, which is amazing.

Ok, and I know everyone says this, but my clothes fit better, too. The only reason that is troubling is because it does not help me with Resolution #2, "Be more thankful for what you already have." It makes me want to celebrate and buy myself new clothes, which I have kind of already done. According to Cameron, I lasted 16 days without buying something. Go me!

I fell asleep at the end of the class again. I'm going to blame it on the fact that I didn't eat before working out and my body was shutting down in self defense/lack of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment